This is quite a sleek and stylish looking laptop computer with a host of features to suit a wide range of users, and without a lot of feature padding or bloat that can tend to drive the price of these things up a fair amount. This one comes at a very good price for the power you are afforded.
Click here to purchase this product on Amazon!
With a 64-bit operating system and enough memory to get the most out of the hardware, you should not be disappointed with the performance you will get out of the Toshiba Satellite C55-A5245. It hasn’t been built for high-end gaming, but it will do a great job with HD video and simple games, while the real strength of the machine is in its almost universal appeal as a day-to-day computer.
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit)
- 2.4GHz Intel Core i3-3110M Processor
- 4GB DDR3 memory
- 500GB HDD
- 15.6″ Display (1366 x 768)
- Intel Integrated Graphics
- DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R double layer)
- Built-in Webcam and Microphone
While the WiFi here is good, there is no Bluetooth if you are a person who uses a Bluetooth device. The connections here should cover all of your needs, with three USB ports included for a bit of flexibility.
Toshiba has a very high standard when it comes to build quality, and you can feel that commitment from the very first time you open the lid on this laptop. It just feels good to work with this model, and you will be noticing small design details for some time. I really enjoy the matte finish for example, keeping fingerprints off of the machine.
One thing I really wanted to focus on for my Toshiba Satellite C55-A5245 Review is the full size of the machine, especially because it is still fairly light. Many laptops these days are promoting a lightweight computer by really reducing the overall size, but with a nearly 16” screen and a weight of only about 5 pounds you are getting the best of both worlds here. The keyboard also features larger keys than most laptops do these days.
- You get a good amount of fast memory here, with room for more.
- The large screen and keys make this stand out against similar laptops.
- Overall build quality is very high and the machine is just satisfying to use.
- The lack of Bluetooth support may be a dealbreaker for people using certain devices.
- 4 hours of battery is enough for most, but it is less than I would have wanted.
I think the Toshiba Satellite C55-A5245 is a perfect fit to replace the home desktop computer, providing more flexibility without sacrificing things like screen size or power, so long as you would plan to run it on AC power most of the time. It’s also a good match for a student or a professional who wants a good computer they can take with them.
Click here for more information and customer reviews!